1. Veterans are invited to Inner Space Studio on Station Street for free yoga starting on Sept. 21. The session will run from 1 to 2 p.m. and all equipment will be provided.
2. Enjoy a performance by one of Scotland’s most popular folk bands, North Sea Gas, on Sept. 21. The concert will start at 7 p.m. in Hunneman Hall at the main Brookline library in Brookline Village.
3. Dive into the debate surrounding food and GMOs with a screening of the documentary “Food Evolution” at the Coolidge Corner Theatre on Sept. 24. A panel discussion featuring producer/writer Trace Sheehan; Jing-Ke Weng from the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research; and Timothy A. Wise of Small Planet Institute and Tufts University’s Global Development and Environment Institute, and moderated by WBUR’s Christopher Lydon will follow the screening. The movie will start at 2 p.m.
4. Celebrate Brookline at the annual Brookline Day event on Sept. 24. The community event will include vendors, games, inflatable, face painters, bands, special activities, trucks food and more. It will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Larz Anderson Park. Registration for the Kids 1K Race will start at 7 a.m. and registration for the 5K will start at 7:39 a.m.
5. Hear from New York Times bestselling author Jessica Shattuck on her new book “The Women in the Castle” at a talk on Sept. 25. The talk will being at 7 p.m. in Hunneman Hall at the main library in Brookline Village.
Five things to do in Brookline
Sep 20, 2017 at 6:08 AM